- Work with the Return to Work Solutions team to develop, implement and manage RTW strategies and practices which are based on the segmentation and triage of claims.
- Ensure that the most effective RTW approaches are consistently applied
- Interpret and apply legislation, regulations and guidelines as they relate to weekly benefits (PIAWE), and key early intervention claims management decision making practices
- Keep abreast of Merit Review Service Decisions and WorkCover Independent Review Office (WIRO) reviews so that potential impacts are anticipated and managed
- Engage with and foster key internal and external relationships
- Manage escalated telephone and written enquiries from insurers, workers, employers and providers to facilitate resolution
- Prepare a range of internal and external strategic and operational documents including guidance material, knowledge articles, position papers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:-
- Workers Compensation or personal injury experience with the ability to identify and implement business wide strategies within a legislative context.
- Experience in developing and delivering various return to work initiatives, encompassing rehabilitation, case management strategies or application key technical practices within an early intervention environment.
- Solid working understanding of workers insurance legislation combined with a sound understanding of the workers insurance claims and the regulatory environment
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal and leadership skills
If you are seeking a new opportunity and looking to advance your career please send your resume to:-