- Liaise with a Range of Senior Stakeholders
- Lead & mentor a small team
- Excellent scope to see the results of your actions
Our client is a leading telecommunications provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
Leading a team of 2 people, this role will see you owning and driving the business decision making, using advanced techniques in reporting, data analysis, data modelling and analytics.
You will regularly liaise with key stakeholders (up to C-Level) to understand requirements and deliver meaningful analysis.
You will provided with the opportunity to stretch, with a strong strategic and leadership element but also remain 'hands-on', with the data using your advanced SQL and excel skills.
We are looking for a strong mentor, to help develop your team's technical and business skills.
You data life-cycle across the Data, Analytics and Reporting team to effectively balance the need to be agile and produce ad-hoc reporting and analysis whilst developing robust, scalable solutions.
- Milestones - Agreeing a timeline for deliverables with key stakeholders
- Budgets - Managing project budgets in excess of $100 Million
- Decision support - analysis & models
- Requirements development
- Insights - Providing valuable business insights, getting behind the data to 'tell the story'
- Cleaning and Quality - identification of data gaps and inconsistencies, driving improvement from source providers, driving data integrity
- Models - developing models to predict issues and/or understanding complex relationships
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Development - Solution checking for scalability
- Transfers - secure, timely, quality
- Reporting and forecasting
- Improvement - processes for efficiency
- At least 6 years' experience in a decision support / analysis role with demonstrated experience in leading a technical team
- Demonstrable experience in producing external, executive, and operational management reporting, visualisation and analysis to enable business to gain insights and drive action.
- Degree qualifications in IT&T, with experience in complex enterprise roles
- Telecommunications industry highly regarded but not essential
- Advanced SQL and Transact SQL packages or ETL systems as well as modelling data in a data mart or data warehouse environment
- Significant experience analysing data across disparate sources, developing analytical / statistical data models, maintaining enterprise grade data sets and volumes in the private and public sector.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to comfortably deal at all levels
- Strong visualisation skills and experience with Dashboards & Reporting tools
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship skills to be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, technical and business staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A great opportunity for someone to learn and grow their career within a dynamic and changing environment.
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.