Our client is a leading telecommunications provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high-performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
Be part of a high performing, Strategy team that sets the organisations short, medium and long-term strategy focused on developing action oriented strategic insights, value creation and creation of a highly effective business model, to provide a clear roadmap and detailed plan for Business Units.
Industry intelligence supports the development of the organisation's strategy by providing insights into the telecommunications industry and broader technology sector, with the mandate to:
- ensure critical external forces on the organisation are factored into the strategic thinking and operational plans of the company,
- engage with local and global research providers and eider industry, as well as key players in the digital eco-system to generate insights
- disseminate relevant insights across the business in impactful and innovative ways.
This role will see you creating action oriented strategic insights, foster & manage industry collaboration and shape the organisation's long-term strategy and provide a clear roadmap for the Business Units to deliver against and also reflect in detailed planning.
The work will be varied and will see you collect and disseminate insights that drive strategy development
- Ongoing press, media, research and local / international industry activity
- Identification of key trends, tracking of key market metrics & dissemination through tailored communications into the business, at all levels to Exec
- Analysis of Annual financial reports of major players in the industry
- Review and communicate insights from primary and secondary research providers
- Deep dive market intelligence and analysis to feed directly into major strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain forward looking view of the market landscape and digital value chain
- Support on annual strategy and planning process to embed insights
- Design and support delivery of targeted strategy scenario assessments /war games for benefit of Exec and Senior Leaders
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- At least 5 years' experience in a Corporate Strategy role, with a focus on Competitor Intelligence or Market Intelligence in a complex enterprise or professional services firm
- Relevant degree qualifications in Commerce, Engineering, Technology, Law or Communications highly regarded
- Experience working in a large, complex environment, with a range of stakeholders, across multiple business units
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to comfortably deal at all levels including execs, with the ability to succinctly explaining complex concepts and to produce high quality presentation material for external and/or executive consumption.
- Experience in managing own work streams, engaging with SME's and bringing people on-board for projects
- Ability to generate insights/ messaging and 'tell the story', with proven ability to communicate and devise visual aids to deliver quantitative information
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications landscape and experience in telecommunications industry in a role with a strategic perspective .e.g. corporate strategy, industry/investor relations, research, market/competitor intelligence.
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship skills to be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, technical and business staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A great opportunity for someone to learn and grow their career within a dynamic and changing environment.
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking, along with drug and alcohol testing.
02 8023 5607