Assisting the Litigation Leader you will be responsible for:-
- Managing specified litigation matters.
- Drive successful outcomes and avoid unnecessary disputes.
- Use and update the relevant claims management and customer relationship systems.
- Determine when to engage, instruct and manage legal provider services performance on specified litigation.
- Engage with, consult and manage communications (including settlement options/litigation strategy)
- Work with the Dispute Resolution teams and other internal stakeholders to achieve positive customer outcomes.
- Research and prepare position papers
- Keep abreast and ahead of specified litigation or decision making trends to ensure that potential impacts are anticipated and managed.
- Admission as a legal practitioner to the Supreme Court of NSW with a current practising certificate (desirable)
- Expert knowledge in common law, work injury damages and/or dust disease claims
- Extensive experience in litigation on workers compensation related practice or government
- Comprehensive understanding of workers insurance legislation combined with a solid working understanding the operation of the NSW workers insurance scheme
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal and leadership skills
- An open minded consultative approach
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Ability to tailor communications and approach to the specific customer, regardless of whether they are an individual or representative of a company
- Passionate about providing quality service and outcomes to our customers with a focus on empathy
Interested applicants please forward your resume to: