Our client is an international powerhouse in the computer processor space doing some fascinating work right now with virtual reality, graphics cards, and much more. An organization of repute you'll be proud to feature on your CV.
This household name is looking for a Python Developer to help develop tools for the characterisation and testing of their chips. These are the chips that are enabling the world's first wireless virtual reality experience!
You'll be responsible for the design and development of command line and GUI tools for interfacing with digital and RF chips and supporting boards running on Windows and Linux. You'll also develop the tools to support the storage and analysis of test data collected from these devices.
It's a pivotal role supporting a project with tangible, global consumer implications.
- GUI design and development (preferably using PyQt4), including:
<[if>o <[endif]-->embedding IPython
<[if>o <[endif]-->asynchronous processing
- I/O interface of Raspberry Pi (GPIO, I2C, SPI)
- Sockets programming
- Design of applications with composability and extensibility in mind
Applicants with experience and familiarity in the following will also be highly regarded:
- <[endif]-->Database architecture and development (SQL and document)
- Instrument control using VISA
- Development of firmware using C for bare-metal ARM
If you're interested in learning more or applying directly, please call David Milburn on (03) 8399 9943!