Long Term Contract with the possibility of going Perm
My Client is a leading NSW Government agency in Environment & Planning for a growing NSW program of work. The Department is going through an exciting period of organisational and operational change. The Department's vision is Planning for growing NSW: inspiring strong communities, protecting our Environment and provides the benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to engaging and working collaboratively with key State and Local Government, community and industry stakeholders to deliver better outcomes in the areas of planning, local government and the environment.
This position is responsible for leading, managing, monitoring and developing systems and tools for cost estimating, schedule and performance data across multiple infrastructure programs of work to ensure major infrastructure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the required standards.
- Model good leadership to inspire people, drive change and deliver results
- Provide a strong cost management framework to program control managers and project managers to assist in on-going effective cost management, responding to and challenging data presented by third-party contractors to assure accuracy and rigour
- Define, manage and refine standard cost breakdown structures across the delivery agencies in line with external funder requirements, ensuring that the information flow on cost management standards is current, participating in stakeholder meetings to promote and support cost management
- Lead the development of an integrated plan for project and program delivery,
- Lead the development of processes and systems for the capture of up to date and accurate data to drive robust management decision making
- Maintain effective communication with strategic, operational and functional areas in addition to internal and external stakeholders to exchange information and resolve difficulties and ensure expectations are being met
- Review and improve business systems, processes and cost management, and report on activities, performance and issues against plans and budgets
- Motivate, encourage and inspire the development of a strong, effective and efficient professional team operating ethically and with sound technical skills and understanding towards a clear focus on delivering outcomes
- Coordinate and monitor the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs.
- Negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Working with children check
What's on Offer
- Lead a team of PMs and contractors
- Decision and review all existing supplier vendors and their contracts
- Government Organisation exposure
- The department offers its employees interesting, challenging and rewarding work, as well as a unique employment experience that is centred on career progression, learning and development and flexibility
- The client offers excellent career opportunities and access to NSW public sector working conditions, including training and career development opportunities
- Competitive Day rate
If this sounds like you please go ahead and apply or do not hesitate to get in touch.
02 8023 5601