Key requirements of the role include:
- Work collaboratively with regional nbn deployment, design, stakeholder, HSE, and / or other teams and nbn Delivery partners during the design, construction and operational phases of the nbn rollout.
- Assist nbn and its Delivery Partners to enable a clear understanding of statutory approval requirements, assist in obtaining permits and resolving escalated issues/objections as appropriate.
- Provide specialist technical support and advice to key internal and external stakeholders on land access and statutory approvals requirements during the design, construction and operations phases of the National Broadband Network (nbn).
- Ensure nbn is fully compliant with Federal, State and Local Government legislative requirements. Required land access and statutory approvals need to be in place to ensure nbn infrastructure complies with legislative requirements and has tenure.
- Minimise Delivery Partner risk in ensuring that relevant Commonwealth, State/Territory and Local Government legislative and statutory approval requirements are met.
- Review and provide feedback on Delivery Partner draft design, construction and Practical Completion items for LASA activities Attend and/or lead land access and statutory approval related stakeholder meetings with approval authorities and relevant external stakeholder groups.
- Engage with key state/territory statutory approval authorities and departments as part of regional approval authority engagement program. Including any engagement with external stakeholders, such as Body Corporate organisations, Strata Community Associations, local Councils, Corporate building owners, State Government owned housing associations and public interest premises such as schools and hospitals, etc.).
- Undertake Audits and report on areas of non-compliance.
- Elevate contentious issues to the NSW/ACT State Manager - Land Access and Stakeholder Engagement.
Professional background / Skills Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Planning / Science or Engineering, including experience in a similar role in NSW.
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Telecommunications Act 1997 and associated Low Impact Facilities Determination would be preferable, but not mandatory.
- Excellent interpersonal, research, written and oral communication skills and a strong interest in and appreciation of construction planning processes, requirements and issues.
- Appreciation for the benefits of a dynamic team-based culture and the challenges and rewards associated with contributing to the delivery a large infrastructure project.
03 83999949/ 0449901995