Your exciting next step will have you working for a highly awarded multi-service IT provider who has grown to become Australia's largest privately owned IT company.
Partnered with global leaders this employer has a major focus on hosted data centres, business continuity and is offering a selection of user-friendly cloud based services, as well as traditional hardware maintenance to a strong customer base that extends into the thousands.
Your New Role
Grow a Cloud & Managed Services portfolio through generating new business opportunities, both netting new logo business and assisting existing customers as they transition to the cloud. You will be responsible for engaging with C-level customers to understand their business challenges and identify how your new employer can deliver services to make their business better.
Must Have Experience / Skills & Knowledge
- Technically savvy - can have a solid technical conversation, ask the right questions, understanding of technical challenges and can run a sales engagement without a technical specialist on initial engagement
- Technology evangelist - passionate about technology, you must have an understanding of the market, competitor landscape and can position value proposition and solutions against competitors.
- Industry relevant experience, extensive experience and knowledge of IT services, particularly cloud and managed services
- Proven sales achievements with 5 to 10+ years of sales experience: strong track record of over achievement against budget, solutions sales background, specific experience in and affinity for driving new business development (not account management)
- C-Level engagement - extensive experience dealing at C-Level, well networked, credible and can offer valuable advice to assist with business decision making
- Outstanding service philosophy
Required Personal Attributes
Strong interpersonal skills - You must be socially confident, engaging with a strong rapport building capability
Driven - This role requires self-motivated, over achievers who are proven to be enterprising and love to make things happen
Impactful - Personalities who are memorable, articulate and have a proven ability to influence
Resilience - For this role you need to be self-assured, handle setbacks well and remain calm under pressure
- Highly presentable in a professional manner
- Customer focused
- Responsive to change
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Generate New Business
- Identify potential opportunities by prospecting, cold calling and actioning warm leads through campaigns;
- Cultivate industry relationships, partnerships and networks to generate leads and opportunities;
- Lead tender responses where required; Ensure all activities in the sales cycle maximise customer experience;
- Facilitate internal resources, particularly pre-sales, to deliver the best possible solution to address the customer's requirements;
- Manage the sales process end to end, including generating cloud quotes, ensuring commercial pricing, customer presentations, through to closing opportunities;
- Improve profitability of sales wherever possible by maximising margin in the deal, ensuring that we sign good business;
- Maintain an active presence in the market to increase your new employers managed services brand awareness;
- Stay up to date with the latest business, industry and product trends.
- Database management and administration
- Lead all bids/major opportunities within the portfolio. Own and control the bid process from qualification to execution of contract.
- Maintain all documentation relating to prospective customers, including information updates in CRM to record all sales activities and communication;
- Complete and record sales activity reports on a monthly basis;
- Maintain accurate sales documentation from origination of opportunity through to final customer acceptance.