Providing leadership, support and coordination of Weave’s Speak Out Dual Diagnosis Program which provides support services including casework, counselling, education, project work, events, community development and referral pathways for young people aged 12 to 28 years experiencing co-existing mental health and substance use issues.
Working with young people, families and the community to provide holistic, strengths based and trauma informed support. Provide “back-up” casework and counselling support for clients when key workers are not available due to leave, periods of recruitment etc. Play a general support and development role for young people connected to the Speak Out Program. Manage and support the team of 8 - 10 staff.
HOW TO APPLY
- An up to date Resume and,
- A document outlining how you meet each of the Selection Criteria above
- Please email both parts of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, AOD, Mental Health, Youth Work, or similar.
- At least 3 years experience leading and managing a team in an NGO setting. This includes staff supervision, development and support to bring out the best in staff and ensuring cohesion and best practice within a team.
- Program and project management experience including planning, implementation, evaluation, reporting, submission writing, accountability, and managing budgets.
- Understanding of and commitment to working holistically with young people who present with both mental health and AOD issues.
- Understanding of trauma informed, strengths based and person centred practices.
- Experience providing counselling and casework support to young people experiencing a range of complex issues and in particular mental health and AOD issues.
- Good understanding of social justice issues and their impact, particularly in relation to young people who live in the Redfern/Waterloo area.
- Understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal people.
- Understanding of issues relating to CALD groups.
- Able to work in a flexible and adaptable manner under stress.
- Common sense and an excellent sense of humour.
- A commitment to EEO policy OH&S safety standards, ethical practice principles and a commitment to the principles of cultural diversity.
- Current NSW Working With Children Check Clearance.
- NSW Class C drivers licence