The Senior Application Analyst develops and maintains large, complex corporate systems that facilitate the achievement of the Department's core business through the use of process and technology. The Senior Application Analyst provides sound, technical and professional advice to the role supervisor, and actively contributes to planning, system documentation and reporting.
- Be responsible for technical work in all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with development standards and provide design, analysis and/or programming expertise into the development of complex computer-based programs
- Design, build and execute acceptance testing to improve the quality of the developed program / system and reduce organisational risks
- Provide ongoing third level technical support for programs and systems deployed in a large enterprise scale SOA integrated environment.
- Contribute to ICT planning to ensure that programs, systems and change requests are considered in the context of emerging ICT requirements
- Maintain timely and accurate system documentation and provide timely, specialist advice and support to the role supervisor, senior managers and system users to ensure seamless service delivery
- Demonstrated substantial experience in all phases of the system development lifecycle in a large project environment, including design, programming, testing and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in UML, Documentation, Process flows & diagrams using MS Visio or similar tools.
- Sound working knowledge of IT service management principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting formal quality assurance testing and supporting user acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies.
- Integration: TIBCO suite of products such as ActiveMatrix and Tibco BusinessWorks
- Web technologies: Java/J2EE, JMS, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and webservice standards or alike
- DB: Oracle, SQL server
- Other tools: Microsoft MDS and Splunk.
- API development experience in Mulesoft (will be a great advantage)