The Key Purpose Of The Role
Reporting to the design Manager, you are responsible for the design of new sites, new collocation on third party sites and the upgrading of existing infrastructure at existing sites. To be successful you must ensure all site designs meet site specific scope and specifications.
You will be part of a dynamic team made up of engineering disciplines and site acquisition staff. This team is focused on delivering to the client.
- Design of sites for GRN upgrade and consolidation of assets.
- Site design visits to obtain data on existing systems and equipment and then utilising this data to complete design of the site's layout, shelter floor plans and racks.
- Coordinate and work with multiple stakeholders to report progress, escalate issues and ultimately deliver detailed designs.
- Follow company and client procedures to complete wireless Site designs.
- Ensure all Site designs meet Site specific design scope and specifications.
- Ensure all designs meet Australian Standards
- Work Management systems (including client systems) maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Forecast and maintenance of forecasts of all Client Site Design deliverables to State SAED Leads.
- Identify issues with Site Design Brief scope and provide step back solutions
- All Third Party Consultants are instructed with PO as soon as possible.
- Produce high quality and accurate Redline markup for all Stakeholders and as the prime input for the Detailed Designs
- Produce high quality and accurate Detailed Design briefs for production of the Detailed Design drawings.
- Contract variation identification, management and recovery
- Perform Site design visits and capture all data necessary to complete the Detailed Design.
- Perform SDV in a safe manner.
- Ensure Client's access details are current and update as required.
- Review SDB against existing Client Site information with Senior Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Structural Engineers to ensure all required SDV data is captured.
- Identify and record all Site items that are or maybe affected by the Client scope.
- Review site at SDV to align with Safety in design principles.
- Ensure close working relationships with the SAE teams.
- Communicate to SAED Lead all Site Design issues and any forecast changes.
- Foster close working relationships with the Construction teams and take accountability for Design issues.
- Manage the project CAD documents
MUST HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED
- Certification / Diploma / Bachelor in Engineering / Science / Telecommunications / Building / Construction disciplines or similar / CAD qualified Understanding of Radio equipment layout and RF, alarms and DC cabling.
- GRN / Motorola equipment Experience
- DC Equipment layout and DC Distribution
- Basic civil/electrical works Telecommunication structure's rigging Base station layouts and equipment IS A MUST
Minimum Skills & Experience
- 2+ years Postgraduate engineering, design and co-ordination experience
- Previous experience in major mobile base station or GRN Site installation and/or design Installation of Radio equipment in greenfield, co-location and rooftops
- Large volume program management experience, including working to a master program of works (4-12 week forecasting), milestone scheduling & tracking, coordination of activities/resources accordingly.
- Subcontractor/Consultant management
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong reporting and communication skills, including facilitating internal team and client meetings, presentations and engaging with client, staff and consultants
- Active participation in the identification, review, assessment of risks and the implementation of controls.
- Design process implementation and improvement Including safety in design principles.
- Ensure weekly / Monthly delivery targets are established and achieved in consultation with SAED and Client Wireless Manager.
- Manage Consultants to deliver to forecast dates and specifications.
- Identify issues and corresponding issue solutions.