The primary purpose of this position is to collect analyse and investigate financial data and produce high quality financial reports to support sound financial decisions.
- Analyse and prepare financial statements to ensure that they are produced within statutory timeframes
- Review and check the governance of financial services activities
- Guide and undertake the monthly, half-yearly and annual close-off, ensuring accruals and period-end journals have been processed correctly within agreed timeframes
- Ensure the appropriate financial reconciliations are undertaken to include review of the General Ledger Balance Sheet, bank reconciliation and maintenance of fixed asset registers
- Provide a key point of contact with internal and external auditors in relation to internal controls, financial compliance issues, the risk environment, accounting policies, financial work practices and transactions including implementation of any internal or external audit recommendations.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarizing, and interpreting data to ensure that the matters raised are handled.
- Participate in the management of vendor and customer maintenance needs
CA/CPA qualified with at least 2 years (post-qual) experience
- Financial Services or Insurance indiustry experience will be highly regarded
- Experience in a financial reporting environment
- Experience using large enterprise accounting systems
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables & lookups)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment