The primary role of the Sales Specialist is to identify opportunities to insert data centre solutions in to existing client portfolios by facilitating collaboration between the account manager, the client, the vendors and the architects to sell the best solution for the client's situation.
This role is not about new business development in the sense of new clients, but rather increasing the Data Centre business in existing portfolios.
- Analyse client needs using excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Identify opportunities for new solutions and offer a unique perspective to key client business goals
- Achieve revenue and margin targets through the promotion and sales of solutions and services
- Understand the client's environment, business needs and provide expertise on relevant solutions
- Work closely with vendors to understand their strategies for solutions
- Prospect for new opportunities within existing accounts
- Leverage your specalist skills and knowledge of data centre solutions and services to influence the client at every stage of the buying cycle
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and needs
- Strong passion for and knowledge in data centre solutions and vendors
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and influence key stakeholders
- A go-getter attitude with the ability to work in high pressure situations
- Ability to manage urgent and complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to facilitate business conversations and exhibit confidence and expertise in the DC specialisation