Our client is a large utility provider and is currently running a major three year technology transformation program. As a result they require an experienced PMO manager that can confidently perform CIO duties when required.
Reporting to the CIO, this role will be responsible for overall management and performance of the PMO team.
- Analyse and report on feedback from quality assurance reviews (stage-gate, health checks, post project, audits etc.).
- Chair the Change Control Board or equivalent, for decisions regarding change requests.
- Co-ordinate internal program communications according to the agreed communication plan.
- Co-ordinate quality reviews of program deliverables.
- Drive Risk and Issues management
- Define and implement project management standards and methods - reporting, information requirements, financial standards, accountability, escalation as required.
- Define planning processes and templates.
- Define planning standards to enable ease of roll up of milestones and dependencies across the Transformation programs.
- Define stakeholder and communication planning processes and templates.
- Develop and maintain good practice repository and case study material of relevance to the delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Develop and run post program reviews; collate and analyse lessons learned for production support team's future projects.
- Develop, implement and promote a quality strategy, standards and methods for staff to use including guidance on quality criteria and sign off authorities.
- Establish, monitor and maintain a central change request register.
- Facilitate lessons learned workshops at the end of each phase.
- Facilitate post-implementation reviews.
- Liaise with internal or financial audit functions.
- Liaise with the Procurement team to agree purchasing and contract management standards for each program.
- Maintain program stakeholder matrix.
- Monitor compliance with standards/good practice.
- Monitor the quality of status reports and foster continual improvement.
- Produce program level reporting and analysis regarding program and workstream status, program level risk and issue analysis and change control.
- Produce tailored reporting dashboards for governance bodies.
- Record decisions from steering committee meetings in the decision register.
- Support closure processes for each program - collect lessons learned, add to information repository and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Support Governance bodies by co-ordinating and distributing presentation materials, agenda and minutes and following-up action items.
- Track changes to benefits for duration of program including the impact arising from approved change requests and issues.
- Steering committee presentations, minutes and action items
- Program Management Plan
- Program Handbook (for program controls and standards)
- Program status reports
- Benefits Register
What the person in this role MUST do:
Deliver independent and accurate reporting and advice to the program's Executive Sponsor and provide effective, easy-to-use processes, tools and standards for program control.
PMO Managers APPLY NOW..