Key Responsibilities and duties include:
- Developing and maintaining a cloud design that is multi-tenanted, supportable, repeatable and that can be easily built upon, and used by the various teams.
- Identifying tasks that will benefit from automation and recommend automation enhancement
- Designing and building a cloud automated capability to execute tasks.
- Automating activities across the lifecycle, from platform build and software installation, through to operational assurance, configuration management, change management, event management, environment augmentation, and decommissioning
- Ensuring appropriate testing, monitoring, backup & recovery of cloud infrastructure
- Maintaining a cloud automation development environment and framework with appropriate version controls and security measures
- Providing new methodologies for deployment processes across standardised services to improve cost effectiveness, service reliability and activation times
- Providing planning, architectural and deployment advice as required, including change management, configuration management, performance and tuning, and lifecycle management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid Understanding of cloud infrastructure - Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, etc)
- Understanding of MSP practices & methodologies
- Experience in consulting with clients in regards to cloud adoption and modern application transformation
- Experience with Visual Studio and repositories such as GIT
- Experience in planning and executing cloud migrations and associated tools
- Experience deploying and administering
- AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, etc
- Linux and Unix variants - RedHat, SUSE, Solaris, AIX
- Microsoft operating systems and applications- Windows Server, etc
- Identity services - IAM, Active directory
- Experience with a variety of API types and enterprise infrastructure management systems.
- Strong programming and scripting background; ie. PowerShell, JSON, CloudFormation
- DevOps software development experience;
- Understanding of cloud service monitoringAWS DevOps Engineer - Professional level certification highly desirable