You will be identifying, delivering, and documenting the required artefacts to make cloud solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications.
Key Responsibilities and duties include:
- Developing and maintaining a cloud design that is multi-tenanted, supportable, repeatable and that can be easily built upon, and used by the various teams.
- Identifying tasks that will benefit from automation and recommend automation enhancement
- Designing and building a cloud automated capability to execute tasks.
- Automating activities across the lifecycle, from platform build and software installation, through to operational assurance, configuration management, change management, event management, environment augmentation, and decommissioning
- Ensuring appropriate testing, monitoring, backup & recovery of cloud infrastructure
- Maintaining a cloud automation development environment and framework with appropriate version controls and security measures
- Providing new methodologies for deployment processes across standardised services to improve cost effectiveness, service reliability and activation times
- Providing planning, architectural and deployment advice as required, including change management, configuration management, performance and tuning, and lifecycle management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid Understanding of cloud infrastructure - Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, etc)
- Understanding of MSP practices & methodologies
- Experience in consulting with clients in regards to cloud adoption and modern application transformation
- Experience with Visual Studio and repositories such as GIT
- Experience in planning and executing cloud migrations and associated tools
- Experience deploying and administering
- AWS services such as VPC, EC2, S3, etc
- Linux and Unix variants - RedHat, SUSE, Solaris, AIX
- Microsoft operating systems and applications- Windows Server, etc
- Identity services - IAM, Active directory
- Experience with a variety of API types and enterprise infrastructure management systems.
- Strong programming and scripting background; ie. PowerShell, JSON, CloudFormation
- DevOps software development experience
- Understanding of cloud service monitoringAWS DevOps Engineer - Professional level certification highly desirable