- Monitor the health and integrity of the our clients' IP/Transmission network and External plant supporting it.
- Identification of network events and initiation of repair and rectification processes.
- Ownership of network tickets and actioning customer tickets.
- Provide technical expertise to customer operation teams during fault escalation.
- Assist management with the provision of relevant information needed for outage and major incident investigation.
- Diagnosis of fault type, cause, location and impact to network and customer services.
- Ensure the timely and efficient allocation and use of Field Staff and contractor resource.
- Escalation of technical support, management and resources as per agreed process
- Use and invoke system diagnostic aids and tools.
- Ensure that all escalation procedures and protocols are strictly observed and followed.
- Risk Management to minimise service interruptions
- Ensure routine, ad-hoc and emergency maintenance is scheduled and completed for the network, its facilities and its systems.
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times and ensure that all stakeholders are treated in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure databases are maintained to provide accurate, reliable and current information relating to customers
- Liaise with relevant operations engineering team to ensure their faults are followed through to resolution.
- Ensure all issued work permits are completed according to the method of procedure attached.
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical helpdesk role, preferably in a Telco NOC environment supporting networks.
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills coupled with fantastic troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge on carrier-grade WAN solutions and data products.
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts and ability to apply them in real world troubleshooting scenarios.
- Sound knowledge on Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols in the OSI model.
- CCNA/CCNP or any industry certifications will be advantageous.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple platforms.
- Able to work on a rotating shift roster (including night & weekends).
- Must have permanent residency OR Australian Citizen.
You'll be a part of an ever-changing organisation that constantly adapts and evolves, a company that is striving to be the most loved Telco and who lives up to their motto 'A Great Place to Work' - this isn't just lip service. They offer AWESOME things like the day off on your anniversary, an extra week of annual leave, a gift card to go towards your health and wellbeing and no dress code. The list goes on.
To Apply please call Stefanie on 03 8399 9930 for a confidential discussion.