Our client is a global provider of advanced technology for Government, Defence and National Security, focusing on keeping information and infrastructure secure.
Due to continued strategic growth in Australia they offer the opportunity to join at a critical phase, providing excellent opportunities for career development.
With a focus on hiring the best, they engender a culture of excellent, proving an environment where you are trusted, valued and well rewarded.
They offer excellent training to support career development aspirations
Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire a Solution Architect to support design and development of key projects.
The role will see you analyse and design the solution, providing overall support to the engineering activities related to the delivery of the solution. You will assume design authority for the project and adopted solution and will be responsible for the engineering assurance throughout the life-cycle.
- Develop solution architectures and design ensuring consistency with specified functional and non-functional requirements
- Gain agreement from both internal and external customers re architecture and design
- Define the solution's engineering approach.
- All design aspects of the project and approve the design changes throughout the project life-cycle
- Oversee and assure the implementation of the design with System and Software Designers.
- Own and manage technical and solution risks and mitigate early
- Lead estimation - develop an understanding of solution costs and delivery timescales
- Work with quality and test management functions to ensure test strategies are fit-for-purpose.
- Work with Delivery Assurance functions re solution delivery tracking, provide support re solution quality or progress
To be successful in the role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Must hold NV1 clearance (with preference for NV2)
- At least 5 years architecture / design experience, with a background in software applications
- Sound knowledge of architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann)
- Knowledge of UML and Systems Engineering
- Experience with requirements analysis and management as well as loosely coupled component design and microservices architectures
- Data modelling experience.
- An ability to visualise complex issues and excellent problem solving skills.
- An ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understands how to manage design baselines and has worked in an iterative system development environment.
- Experience in working with directly with operational client stakeholders.
There is no closing date - interviews for successful applicants will be conducted immediately, so please apply asap.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be directed to:
02 8023 5607