A global provider of advanced technology for Government, Defence and National Security, focusing on building and maintaing a secure environment for infrastructure and information. With over 80,000 employees worldwide, their presence in Australia is experience rapid growth at a critical phase
The Solution Architect is required to support a design and development project from a key customer. This role is required to perform the analysis & design of the solution, and provide overall support to the engineering activities related to the delivery of the solution. The role will also assume design authority for the project and adopted solution and will be responsible for the engineering assurance throughout the life-cycle.
Role Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Solution Architect:
- Develops solution architectures and design ensuring consistency with specified functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensures architecture and design is agreed with both internal and external customers.
- Is responsible for all design aspects of the project and approves design changes throughout the project life-cycle.
- Oversees and assures the implementation of the design in collaboration System and Software Designers.
- Leads estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales including appropriate Service regimes for solutions in production operation
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Works with quality and test management functions to ensure that proposed test strategies and approaches are fit-for-purpose.
- Works with Delivery Assurance functions to agree how the quality and progress of a given solution delivery should be tracked, and acts an expert resource to support interventions on projects where solution quality or progress has become an issue.
Required skills and background include:
- 10+ years in software application domain and 5+ years architecture / design experience
- Familiar with architectural frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann)
- Systems Engineering experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of UML.
- Requirements analysis and management.
- Experience with loosely coupled component design and microservices architectures
- Data modelling experience.
- An ability to visualise complex issues and excellent problem solving skills.
- Understands how to manage design baselines and has worked in an iterative system development environment.
- Experience in working with directly with operational client stakeholders.
Please note, this role requires NV1 clearance as a minimum. Contact Lucy on 02 8023 5615 for more information and a confidential discussion and APPLY NOW