This role requires an experienced Project Manager to lead a team to guide the successful delivery of programs and projects through the provision of strategic and operational support, including operational reporting, risk and issue tracking, quality control and post project benefits tracking and reporting.
- Establish and maintain a standard set of practices, processes and templates for managing projects consistently and efficiently to reduce project related risk and costs.
- Collect, consolidate and analyse program and project data to support effective decision making.
- Monitor and report on compliance with established standards to ensure the organisation adheres to agreed policies and standards.
- Negotiate contracts and coordinate the work performed by externally sourced providers, to ensure that services are provided in accordance with agreed quality standards, budget and timeframes.
- Provide high level strategic advice and support to the executive team on the development, implementation, management and reporting of projects, and ensure executive staff are fully briefed on the status of projects.
- Contribute to the professional development of project team members by providing leadership, management and coaching where relevant.
- Prepare a range of strategic and operational documents as required, including briefing papers, discussion papers, reports, submissions and responses to information requests.
- Contribute to and or lead the development of project management methodologies and processes across Program Innovation and Implementation.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Extensive experience and skills in project management for large and complex projects.
- Experience preparing business cases
- Experience managing large-scale procurement
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Government experience is highly desirable
This role initially runs until the 30th June with the view to extend.
If you are interested in this role please apply online or contact:
02 802 35601