As an experienced Network Engineer, you will:
- Take responsibility and follow through faults until resolution liaising with service desk, contractors and providing regular updates to the customers
- Proactive network monitoring of network alarms, creating and updating problem tickets as required and ensuring SLA's are met
- Manage scheduled and unscheduled work related to the enhancement and maintenance of the Telecommunications network
- Documentation and reporting on network quality and availability
- Timely escalation to level 3 engineers/TL/Manager
- Update internal databases and internal support systems.
- Action (MAC) move, add and change requests raised by the service desk
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Provide input into process improvements/automation
As an experienced Network Engineer, you will have:
- 4 years' experience within a telecommunication environment, preferably service providers
- Ability to respond to customer needs and provide technical solutions within agreed SLAs
- Formal tertiary qualification in telecommunications, ICT or engineering discipline is required. A minimum of Bachelor or higher degree in one of these fields.
- Good protocol understanding and experience in BGP, MPLS, OSPF, E-lines, E-LANs
- Experience with scripting, SIP, IAAS, IPSec, firewalls preferred
- Experience with Alcatel switches and routers preferred
If you are looking to gain exposure at the heart of one of the leading Telecommunications players in Australia, this is the opportunity for you!
Applications close Wednesday, February 13th.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.