Key responsibilities and duties include
- Work with head of procurement to build and implement a procurement cloud category profile using in-depth understanding of cloud managed services, partner and contract management and experience in strategic planning
- Own the various partner and supplier relationships for the cloud business, including, qualification of any pipeline activity
- Aligning development of category with Internal Procurement strategies and internal stakeholder requirements.
- Stakeholder relationship management and strong engagement across Internal and supplier stakeholders and leadership to ensure that all objectives are being achieved
- Direct line of communication with key stakeholders in effort to plan, source, and facilitating data/information gathering
- Assess viability and prioritisation of proposals and contracts and set internal expectations on feasibility to onboard new suppliers or renew existing contracts.
- Present recommendations and strategy plans of the sourcing activity back to stakeholders and Leadership team
- Accountability for delivery of category strategies, pipeline, and transformational sourcing activities
- Develop key supplier performance metrics and associated tracking/monitoring systems using existing procurement systems
- Review performance of key suppliers periodically and develop action plans for improvement.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong leader who can drive strategy, develop pricing models and has influence across all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, can prioritise workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Developing market intelligence to communicate across the organisation
- Proven ability to develop and implement category strategies