This Sydney-based organisation has experienced a period of rapid growth, making them a key player and challenger in the Telecommunications industry, boasting multiple highly functioning data centers, a growing consumer NBN market share and a fully integrated, high-speed network across the APAC Region
Be a part of this successful journey, as they continue to dominate the market
A Network Engineer, providing support to wholesale and enterprise customers and handling technical escalations from customer support teams within the business
This is a technical hands-on position, requiring also involvement in improvement initiatives and various projects were required
- Investigate, troubleshoot, resolve and / or take ownership of and manage customer faults and queries through to resolution within appropriate SLA and service measures.
- Ensure that all fault tickets are updated fully and appropriately with regards to the issue, troubleshooting undertaken and outcomes and resolution of the fault.
- Deliver high quality customer outcomes by following all relevant processes and procedures, whilst being prepared and able to think outside the square when required.
- Effective and efficient management of escalations, both external and internal
- Management of incidents escalated to 3rd party vendors and process partners.
- Assist with root cause diagnosis and identification of problem and incident trends to proactively reduce fault volumes.
- Strong knowledge of IPv4 networks
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet switching technologies, IP routing and forwarding
- Operational understanding of BGP4, IS-IS and MPLS networks
- Ability to work without supervision and in a team environment
- Previous experience within the Telecommunications industry
- Industry related certifications (CISCO, Juniper)
- Knowledge of IP Voice technologies and network security practices would be highly regarded