- Ensure high quality code delivery in a timely manner,
- Enhancement of critical applications and technical changes to achieve strategic improvements, where possible.
- Performing development tasks as required as well as troubleshooting.
- Ensure high quality code delivery in a timely manner, enhancement of critical applications and technical changes to achieve strategic improvements, where possible.
- Work closely with project managers, solution architects and business analysts to translate requirements into technical designs.
- Design and build services / flows to match business requirements using CICS/COBOL and agreed coding practices
- Write production quality executable code (including documentation) for user interfaces, business processes, domain objects etc.
- Validate code quality using walkthroughs, code reviews and writing unit tests.
- Development of application build and deployment of any scripts or configuration.
- Contributing across development teams to increase capability in tools, frameworks, experience, collaboration and strategy development.
- Ensure secure application design and development practices are followed.
- Defect fixing for existing applications where required.
- Working closely with other development teams to ensure service operational requirements are understood and implemented.
- Production incident and problem management.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Solid experience with programming and application design with the main focus on CICS/COBOL mainframe development.
- Experience in Easytrieve and SQL an advantage.
- Experience with Mule ESB platform or similar is highly desirable.
- Salesforce (Visual Force and APEX) and Visual basic knowledge is desirable.
- Java, Mule, Salesforce exposure is desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting problems and capable of providing support when required
- Experience working in a team in a Technology development environment using both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Experience working in the Financial Services or Insurance industry is an advantage.
- Integration experience an advantage.
This is initially a 12-month contract which will extend to 2 years.
If you are interested, please apply online and a consultant will contact you.
02 802 35601