Our client is a financially stable telecommunications organisation, having been in the market for many decades. They have recently gone through a transformation of their overlay product and service offerings and delivering exceptional products and of fixed and mobile network and Cloud services
They have a high performing team and a culture that allows you to make decisions quickly and deliver effectively.
- Due to a recent internal promotion, they are seeking to appoint a Strategic Government Account Manager, who will lead the government sales team in the retention of existing state, federal and local government customers and acquisition of new clients within this space.
- Setting and driving focused government sales strategy for acquisition and retention of customers
- Building and maintaining a strong sales pipeline and accurate forecasting
- Achieving annual and quarterly sales targets for the government sales team
- Providing regular monthly and quarterly reporting as agreed with the Sales Director
- Conduct regular team and one-to-one meetings with individual sales team members to review activity, guide further direction, evaluate performance, and develop coaching plans.
- Execution of the go to market strategy providing direct input into marketing and product strategic requirements to ensure success.
- Assist with the hiring process to grow the government sales team
- Ensuring participation in relevant government contracts and panels
- Work with technical teams and product management to fine tuning sales proposals for existing customers and new sales opportunities
- Create, implement and monitor compliance standards for Salesforce to ensure data integrity and consistency in relation to data input from the Enterprise sales team
- Identify and implement opportunities for system optimization for Salesforce or other sales systems
- Provide accurate pipeline reporting and forecasting
- Participating in management meetings as required
- Providing ad hoc sales reporting as required
Seeking a dynamic, self-starter who is goal and achievement driven. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence in addition to proven leadership skills in a high growth and dynamic environment.
- 5+ years' experience, selling to Government (State Government base highly regarded), with proven sales success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications highly regarded
- Strong understanding of managed services and renewal sales and experience in bid requests for government clients.
- Deep understanding of the sales cycle in the telecommunications market and deal structuring. Strong knowledge of business and government telecommunications services and solutions. Creative, entrepreneurial sales skills with exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and be proactive and engage with people across all areas of the business.
- Must be an exceptional individual contributor and coach who can both work with sales people on the front line and also develop and execute coaching plans for the team's continued development. Previous experience in the development and execution of a go to market strategy for a specific industry vertical.
- Demonstrated success as an individual sales contributor.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
This is a rare opportunity to join at a critical time for the business and make a real difference
Please submit your resume via 'apply now' or for a confidential chat, please call Karen on 02 8023 5607
Thank you in advance of your application