Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You're a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you're comfortable looking after several projects at once. You're able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job
As a Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
You're got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You're a problem solver who's happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business
- Employing statistical and data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Great project and people management
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required
- Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
- You're likely to have a Bachelor's degree in IT, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You also have three to five years of relevant professional experience.