This role is to lead IT infrastructure design and implementation projects and use your expertise to support their storage area networking and virtualisation. You will be working on a mixture of project and BAU work.
- Provide technical and architectural input for the development of improvements and expansions to servers, desktop, communications and data storage environments.
- Administer and support the network infrastructure including installation of network components
- Identify and resolve network faults and/or issues and escalate where necessary to 3rd party service providers
- Administer and support all desktop and network operating system environments where required
- Provide input to design, implementation and targeted support services to systems.
- Develop and maintain system utilities, network performance and capacity planning
- Transfer technical knowledge to support staff through training and provide Help Desk support when required
- Develop specifications and evaluate tenders related to the provision of data communications, storage and server facilities
- Manage external support services provided through partners and outsource vendors
- Provide after-hours support in the resolution of system failures
- Manage project teams where appropriate comprising internal and external members
- Prepare reports and submissions as required by the Manager, IT Technical Services.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience in a senior IT technical role including developing and implementing IT infrastructure strategy, architectures and designs, and leading teams to implement, administer and support that infrastructure.
- Extensive experience implementing, managing and supporting core IT infrastructure including VMware, Storage Area Networks and arrays, Nutanix HCI, and DRP/BCP
- Experience in developing and implementing Cloud solutions with a focus on Microsoft Azure & Office365.
- Extensive experience in administering, supporting and maintaining Windows Server (2008 and above) environments including Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, Skype for Business and other advanced server functionality such as clustering.
- Extensive experience supporting and maintaining LAN and WAN facilities and knowledge of CISCO network equipment, Checkpoint firewalls and network/communications protocols and network management systems
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline or the equivalent experience gained by practical application over a sustained period of time, and/or specific qualifications e.g. MSCE, CCNP, ITIL etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write clear and appropriate reports, memos and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to provide a high level of customer service in a professional manner