You will be responsible for creating and implementing sourcing strategies and collaborating with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs. You will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends for your category. You will also create global Procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage procurement of Maintenance, Repair & Operations (MRO), Security and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) services
- Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations
- Analyze category data and metrics to drive Procurement category strategies
- Understand trends in customers' needs and concerns, across categories and regions, to influence customers' priorities
- Lead supplier selection process across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies for management
- Create supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance
- Innovate within the procurement space, automating and/or improving tools or processes to better support the Procurement Lifecycle
- Provide support throughout the contracting process, as well as management of contracts post-execution
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years' experience as a Category Manager in a Procurement organization performing vendor management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding
- Proven ability with complex negotiations
- Experience in defining, implementing and driving category strategies, developing pricing models, and influencing across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
(Some travel is required)
Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company will be highly regarded.
If you are interested in a 12 month contract in procurement please apply online. This role is open to people available immediately or those who can start up until the 2nd of September.