Reporting to the Manager Workforce Transition this role works as part of the Workforce Transition team in the HR directorate, managing complex cases relating to workforce transition, excess employees and abandonment of employment.
You will be creating case files, researching historical data, managing competing priorities, drafting briefs and compiling supporting documentation.
* Devise and implement innovative workflow organisation, supervision and team motivation strategies to facilitate the development and effective utilisation of people and other allocated resources.
* Champion the use of new and/or updated people management strategies, technology, systems, and business methods
* Foster and build sustainable business partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
* Undertake research and provide evidence-based advice that informs the implementation of people strategies and reporting requirements.
* Provide regular updates to the supervisor regarding progress and achievement of the role's agreed business and reporting targets.
* Provide clear direction to team members on resolving technical and/or complex matters requiring specialist knowledge or implementation advice
* In consultation with the supervisor, develop an annual work plan that articulates, clarifies and documents the role's specific responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:-
- 5 years experience ideally as a senior HR Advisor
- 5 years experience in Employee Relations and/or Industrial Relations
- Government experience will be highly regarded
- Engage with and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging trends, policy and legislative reform
- Understanding business requirements, priorities, best practice and innovations
- Ability to coach and mentor staff to ensure the service delivered to customers is of the highest standard.
- Project management
- Results orientated and deadline driven
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment