Based in North Sydney, our client provides a dynamic and fast paced environment. The team is high performing, hard working and innovative. This is an excellent opportunity to join at a critical phase, where you can really influence and shape the future.
Reporting to the EGM, this is newly created role to lead the Architecture discipline and oversee the development of architecture software frameworks including private / public cloud, open source vs off-the shelf. Software Frameworks include open source software, cloud computing (private / public and containerisation), light weight APIs driving Microservices, new open source distributed database technologies, migrating to decoupled architecture
The role will see you accountable for the underlying Software Architecture for the organisation that includes open software & databases available on Cloud (AWS / Azure), Containerisation, usage of Cloud based tools to manage the Operations of Application, support Engineering and the migration of existing vendor specific solutions to new open source based Solutions. In addition, the role is expected to play a leading role in defining architectural responses to sudden changes to business priorities.
Key focuses are Software Architecture Framework; Software Migration Roadmap and streamlined transition plan and Software Services Catalogues
- Strategy / Planning - contribute to development of IT strategy and understand the impacts of IT strategy and target Software Architecture
- Operational - determine value stream requirements and guide architects to deliver towards and consult with stakeholders to understand business needs to determine research based recommendations to meet strategic goals
- Leadership - for overall architecture discipline, a software technology evangelist
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in relevant discipline
- 7 + years' experience in working with Software Enabling Technology solution design within a large complex organisation
- At least 3 years of experience in leading migration from tight coupled architecture on-premises to Microservices based light weight APIs using Private / Public Cloud
- A deep technical expertise in Cloud based application software across microservices, light weight APIs, open source databases and most importantly experience in migration from vendor specific to open source software on Public Cloud and have effective leadership skills.
- A working knowledge of the relevant Software Enabling Technology standards and conceptual frameworks
- A real drive to lead projects within a team environment, with the ability to work independently and be accountable
- Proven leadership skills in building, developing and retaining a high performing team including providing coaching and feedback
- Proven ability to work with a range of stakeholders and influence in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Be highly organised and structured
- Ability to be flexible and also work through difficult problems professionally
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to organise and disseminate relevant information to key stakeholders effectively
- A proactive and flexible attitude, with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to join a high performing team, in a high profile role that you can truly make your own.
For a confidential discussion, please call Karen Aldrich on 02 8023 5607. Please apply with your CV below