As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the first version (MVP) with key features within the core iOS app. You'll work in a fast-paced environment without room for boredom - we're always solving problems.
As a product-oriented team, creatives and UI-sensitives, mindsets and attitude matters as much as your technical skills.
What we're up to
This app helps you gain instant access to money you've earned from working, instead of waiting for your payday. The app also automatically predicts when your bills are due, shows you exactly how much is OK for you to spend, let's you create savings goals and drip money into them, effortlessly. We help you Supercharge your bank account, giving you access to your pay as you earn it, and empowering you to save big money with seriously little effort.
The mobile app is the centerpiece of our company. Getting the technology behind it right means the difference between an ordinary product and one that actually impacts people's lives.
What It'll Involve
You'll take ownership of the iOS app development and help us build out our clean, simple and native codebase from scratch. You'll get to build all the core features for budgeting, spending, saving and borrowing.
Once we launch, you will help the team analyse data from user behaviour, run experiments and support the app alongside the rest of the company.
We're looking for someone who shares our engineering principles: attention to detail, a focus on UX and UI, and the ability to balance clean code with the need to ship.
What's on offer
Competitive base + super + equity
Opportunity to grow your career with the company
Specifics of The Role
- Working closely with the Co-founders and team, you will take ownership of the entire iOS app.
- You will be responsible for beginning and completing the development of the MVP within a 3-4 month period, then maintaining and developing new features based on feedback from users
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app
- Work with our backend engineers to seamlessly integrate the APIs.
- Work with designers to implement cool animated UX/UI to impress users.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- You have excellent code-debugging skills
- Tech stack - Kotlin, Geo locations, AWS, Restful API, CI/CD mobile apps
- 5+ years mobile app development experience
- Experience shipping at least one iOS app available on the App Store
- You absolutely love solving problems and shipping products out
- Deep understanding of the iOS development ecosystem
- Strong OO and architectural skills
- Able to work autonomously and communicate in English
- Write clear, maintainable, highly functional code, and making technical decisions on building the app
- Affinity with good UX and UI
- Knowledge on where to access and create high-quality graphics including bar graphs, charts and micro animations for a seamless UI