You will help build and run a distributed microservices platform in the cloud. The platform will support multiple products. Being a new IoT system processing large amounts of real-time data for analytics, insights and control. Demonstrated experience in designing, monitoring, and supporting highly-available container-based platforms required.
What will you do:
- Automate the build and deployment process for container-based microservices, across multiple environments
- Building monitoring and logging solutions to support resilient, performant, highly-secure, cost-effective systems
- Working closely with developers and the business to help deliver valuable, cost-effective solutions
- Passion for learning, and driving continuous improvement within the team, finding ways to do things better and get things done
- Provide level 3 support when required
Whom do we need:
- Solid experience in the same or similar role e.g. Build Engineer or Cloud Architect, with solid software engineering principles and methodologies such as SOLID, 12 Factor, AWS Well-Architected, etc.
- Great understanding of build tools to orchestrate your deployments
- Hands-on AWS experience with ECS/EKS or equivalent container orchestration
- Linux/Unix system administration experience, system hardening and proficiency with Bash
- Infrastructure as code using one of or a combination of CloudFormation, Terraform, Python or equivalent
- Commercial experience running distributed containerized production workloads in the cloud
- Serious agile mentality, experience with a mature Scrum methodology
- Someone who is cross-skilled, customer focused, and a solid team player
- Good understanding of security concepts and what it means in the cloud (IAM, DDOS, Data Protection)
- Experience creating test-driven infrastructure as code is highly regarded
- Bonus points if exposure to PCI DSS in a cloud-native environment
- AWS certifications are a bonus. AWS Solution Architect Professional certification is highly regarded
- Willingness to learn and master Kubernetes
- Keen to learn and write tooling in Golang/Python
- Strong leadership capability and previous experience leading a team
You will be joining an awesome team based in Sydney that collaborate and support each other and are committed to their values with a focus on customers, excellence, ownership, curiosity and empathy.
If interested please apply online!