This role is responsible for the development and evolution of products and internal platforms as well as ensuring infrastructure and platforms are designed and developed to maximise effectiveness.
The role is based in Melbourne, with frequent travel to Sydney and Adelaide.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing and increasing the business value through continual development and improvement initiatives
- Investigating and communicating risks associated with platforms
- Providing input to the design process for customer and internal projects
- Building solutions for customer projects and ensuring customer satisfaction upon delivery
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services and building automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Linux administration experience including the network stack (packets and kernels)
- An understanding of message queuing and pub-sub service architecture
- Containerisation (specifically Docker)
- Designing and implementing solutions in public clouds
- Exposure to a variety of operating systems, applications, programming languages and hardware platforms
- Ability to identify problems, plan and recommend solutions, coordinate development
It is also advantageous if you have the following skills:
- MCSA - Cloud Platform and/or AWS Certified Associate
- Python programming language experience
- Experience configuring Galera (or replicated MySQL)
- Experience with Git, ELK and configuration management (SaltStack)