The purpose of this position is to facilitate the development and ongoing management of an optimised portfolio of projects. The role requires intimate knowledge of project management and delivery methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2) to support the delivery of projects and initiatives, support the Portfolio Management Office's (PMO) activities (including templates, reporting and process improvement), providing internal consultancy in and promoting of project management methods. This role assists the Manager, Project Governance and Business Improvement in managing internal initiatives, organisation-wide reporting, working closely with the senior leadership team and engaging with internal and external clients to achieve the strategic objectives and outcomes of the strategic plan.
What you will do
- Lead the development and maintenance of a range of project documentation templates aligned to approved project management methodology.
- Perform 'deep dives' per stage boundary reviews into projects and programmes to provide assurance as required.
- Assist in the refinement of a strong project governance framework, including a process of project prioritisation, process of benefits reporting for projects and non-project initiatives for ELT, Board and WOG reporting.
- Assist in the development and management of the process of reporting against business planning requirements, including organisation-wide reporting of project benefits and successes against operational plans.
- Analyse the portfolio and make recommendations on the project mix to balance/optimise strategic goal attainment, capability and business as usual priorities.
- Evaluate and help to implement process improvements to improve project workflow and more effective delivery.
- While not mandatory, possession of qualifications in project methodologies such as PRINCE2 and Portfolio, Programme and Project Office (P3O) are highly desirable.
- Provides advice and makes and communicates decisions that are rigorously considered and supported by a clear rationale
- Communicates in a way that is appropriate for the situation, and that promotes trust, respect and integrity
- Understands different and competing views, and synthesises stakeholder information.