Our client is a leading insurance provider, based in the CBD. The offer a flexible working environment with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
This a 3-6 month contract to start 1st October, that has come about during a transition period for the business.
The role will see you become the subject matter expert for compliance responsibility, rated to incident management, regulation and legislation. You will also be responsible for document revue and approaval
- Provide advice and guidance to management and employees
- Enhance and implement relevant compliance policies and procedures, with a focus on best practice solutions
- Analysing external requirement and trends
- Enhance and perform monitoring and review activities
- Build and embed compliance controls in business procedures
- Manage projects and relevant communications- assessing needs, developing, co-ordinating delivery, tracking of completion, updating and maintaining relevant standards for Intranet
- Identify and manage compliance risk and drive the development of the Operational Compliance Plan
- Manage implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic compliance matters and provide general guidance on how to avoid to deal with similar situations in the future
- Provide appropriate reporting within he Compliance function and to business management
- Maintain and monitor usage of the various compliance tools including Controls Assessment Tool, Compliance Incidents Database, Public Documents Register.
- Develop process documentation
- Keep up-to-date on all legislative and company policy changes that will affect the business
- To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services, with insurance experience preferred
- Qualifications - Governance, compliance or risk management; ACI qualification
- Understanding of the governance framework of corporate entities
- Knowledge of APRA and ASIC regulations for financial services, as well as insurance and investment frameworks
- Highly developed communications and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive towards resolution with the ability to influence change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced organisation, experiencing change
Please apply with a word version of your CV or for a confidential chat, please call Karen on 02 8023 5067