|Job Title:||Technical Lead|
|Location:||Sydney C B D|
|Salary:||$1000 per day|
|Contact Name:||Andy Helsby|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2019 16:56|
$1,000+ per day
Working within the Life and Investments part of the business as a Technical Lead.
Responsible for the co-ordination/delivery of the development & config/environment related components of the Debt Protection project stream.
Reporting to the Project SWIFT Primary Tech Lead and working closely together with the Business Project Manager, Analyst Programmers, Solution Architects, other Technical Leads, Business Analysts and Test Leads.
This role will also require dealing directly with external third parties (ANZ) and technology vendors and with other internal technology teams.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsible for managing & directing the delivery of the team's technical tasks and provide technical guidance when required
· Responsible for the review and approval of any Technical Designs decisions for the team.
· Resource planning of team's work, in collaboration with the Project Manager
· Ability to co-ordinate technical change request activity and actively manage subsequent downstream impacts
· Ability to work with and manage technical delivery from vendors and other 3rd party providers
· Reporting on tasks, risks and issues to various levels of the organisation
· Ensure secure application design and development practises are followed
· Take direction from Project Managers, Solution Architects, and other Technical Leads. Independently performs or executes given assignments
· Ownership of assigned IT project deliverables, contributing to the delivery of projects and ensuring the solution agreed is the solution delivered
· Produce estimates for development and test activities
· Validate estimates produced by the development team and test team
· Ensure testing coverage is adequate and ensure that the quality standards are met (including non-functional requirements)
· Produce implementation plans (runsheets)
· Ensure the deliverables are aligned to supportability and maintainability guidelines
· Write production quality executable code (including documentation) for user interfaces, business processes, domain objects, etc. and database scripts
· Validation of code quality using walkthroughs, code reviews and unit tests
· Confident with application build and deployment scripts/configuration
· Web Service experience including both SOAP and JSON
· Familiar with Continuous Build integration tools including GIT, Bitbucket and Bamboo.
· Experience with ESB software, specifically Mule ESB
· Experience with Relation database (DB2, MSSQL), IBM WebSphere Application Service, Unix and Windows platforms, and UML modelling skills and Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA
· Understanding of mainframe development and release management
· Given we work in a relatively small team, we require the ability to be hands on. This may include, production of detailed design docs, technical specifications, undertaking configuration, develop and code, undertaking code and/or configuration reviews, consulting to resolve technical development issues
· Ability to implement solutions according to formal development methodologies, including Waterfall SDLC and Agile/Scrum
· Experience in working with both functional and non functional requirements
· Experience in Salesforce development environment including Apex, triggers, Visual Force, Force.com IDE, migration tools, SOSQL, web services and Lightning components.
· Has good in-depth knowledge in providing cloud-based solutions.
· Knowledge of service layer applications and tools, such as Mulesoft ESB.
· Experience in SLDC methodologies and appropriate applications for large enterprise application systems.
· Experience delivering online insurance applications (desirable though not essential)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's