This role will be responsible for new development and enhancements to the applications within the CS, alignment of solutions across other IT domains and ensuring their end-to-end operability in accordance with strategic standards.
The Solution Designer is required to have a detailed understanding of enterprise as well as CS domain strategy and ensure that the CS projects conform to these roadmaps.
Craft and develop the E2E Solution Designs and Component Designs and ensure it is aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Oversee all solution design aspects of the development and delivery of the program
- Review requirements and ensures system functionalities & capabilities are future proofed and extensible
- Translate the business requirements/processes into system qualities and hence into high level application component/interface design specifications and strategies
- Document the architecture decisions and communicate to key stakeholders, making sure that management understands the design
- Providing mentoring for less experienced team members and help with establishment of best design practice with peers and solution designers across Optus IT.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- Large Enterprise IT Solution Design and Architecture experience (5years+)
- Telecommunications (or similar industry) experience (3years+)
- Experience with SDLC process
- Waterfall and Agile Delivery methodologies
- Mastering of one or more architecture and design area - business model / process, application, data, integration (SOA), infrastructure
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Excellent communication and Technical writing skills
At least 3 of the below:
- TMForum Frameworx (SID, eTOM, TAM) practical knowledge and skills
- UML modelling
- Use case design
- Strong understanding in integration technologies related to SOA (e.g. XML, JSON, SOAP and REST web services)
- Sequence Diagram, Solution Context Diagram design
- Relational and/or OLAP Database design skills