|Job Title:||Ruby Developer|
|Salary:||$150,000 + super + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Andy Helsby|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 09:02|
This position is working for a global leader in the creation and operation of online employment markets. This publicly listed household company are continuing to grow worldwide and are looking to add a Senior Developer to their Sydney team.
The Senior Developer role is made up of four components. You will be accountable for delivery, coding, process and leadership across the new business.
Accountable for delivery with particular focus on:
· participating in Agile inception phases, contributing to user stories, story estimation and prioritization.
· meeting timelines and delivery commitments made by the team, escalating issues early as they impede progress.
· working collaboratively within the stream to deliver user stories. Owning the stories to ensure they meet all functional and non-functional acceptance criteria, collaborating with QA and proceeding smoothly to "Done'.
· supporting and ensuring the successful running of the production environment.
· becoming a domain expert for the new business. Understand the technical dependencies, designs and challenges facing your stream.
Contribute to the design of solutions, focusing on:
· Participating in design reviews with the whole team including proof of concept phases to ensure the designs align with the business' target architectural direction and industry best practices.
Together with the Solution and Product Lead, deliver code and participate in code reviews that ensure:
· Code adheres to coding standards (as measured by our metrics) and guidelines
· Adherence to guidelines on unit and integration tests.
· Code is efficient and conforms to industry best practices.
· Actively refactors and enhances the quality of our codebase. Identifies more complex areas requiring refactoring and transparently publishes these items and other technical debt for inclusion on the stream backlog for prioritization.
Display leadership qualities and a passion for working collaboratively:
· As part of an Agile team you will at times be assisting outside of your core specialist skills, assisting and leading areas such as deployments and testing.
· Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other team members.
· Actively participates in code reviews and ensuring the successfully deployment of stream releases.
This team is part of a new, related business for us. The group will be operating in a true start up environment and culture.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
· Minimum 2+ year Ruby / Ruby on Rails programming experience in Agile environments
· Solid Test Driven Development (TDD) experience with Rspec / Cucumber
· Good understanding of good Object Oriented Design principles
· Experience with database technologies including PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis
· Java / C / C++ / Python development experience valued
· Familiar with Git / Github workflow
· 5+ years' experience working as a (Senior) Developer
· Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Experience in building large, scalable back-ends / web apps a big plus
· iOS / Android experience desirable
· Experience with Machine Learning techniques and tools (Stanford NLP, Mallet, NLTP) highly desirable
· Experience in start-up organisations desirable
· Portfolio of work showcasing skills or a GitHub Repository with open-source contribution
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's