Our client is a high performing, socially responsible superannuation and funds management provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programmes available to all.
They offer enticing employee benefits and the team are high performing, dedicated and passionate about what they do
Reporting to the Head of, this is a newly created role that will see you owning and driving the business decision making, using advanced techniques in reporting, data analysis, data modelling and analytics.
- You will regularly liaise with key stakeholders across the business to understand requirements and deliver meaningful analysis and insights.
- You will provided with the opportunity to stretch, with a strong strategic element but also remain 'hands-on', with the data using your advanced SQL, Tableau and excel skills.
- You will own the data life-cycle across data reporting, rules, governance, quality and develop both regular and ad-hoc reporting for the business
- Our client is currently in the process of selecting a vendor to build their data warehouse, as such, depending on start date, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the process
- Environment - support and maintain the BI and DW environment - stored procedures, performance tuning, technical design, technical architecture, data integration, cube and reporting development
- Dashboards - create and communicate visually and commercially astute dashboards, reports and data insights that are easy to understand
- Innovation and collaboration - responsible for data quality and governance - collaborate with the business to improve data quality, look at opportunities for data analysis, data procurement and processing. Develop policies and procedures for collection and analysis, champion data security
- Best practice - lead technical solution design forums, knowledge sharing
- Decision support - analysis & models
- Requirements development
- Insights - Providing valuable business insights, getting behind the data to 'tell the story'
- Models - developing models to predict issues and/or understanding complex relationships
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Reporting and forecasting
- Improvement - processes for efficiency
- To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- At least years' experience in a decision support / insights analysis role within superannuation, managed funds, financial services, insurance industries
- Demonstrable experience in producing external, executive, and operational management reporting, visualisation and analysis to enable business to gain insights and drive action.
- Degree qualifications in IT&T, with experience in complex enterprise roles
- Proven understanding of the data and IT functions importance in delivering business outcomes
- Proactive and insights driven, with the ability to identify and understand complex issues and develop solutions through critical thinking
- Proven ability to translate business needs into easily understood business intelligence formats and long-term technical solutions
- Well-developed communication, consulting and influencing skills with the ability to communicate IT solutions in a simple, concise and digestible context to non-experts
- Be a self-starter who can work one on one with the business to drive outcomes
- Interest and commitment to ethical and environmental issues
- Advanced SQL, Tableau, Power BI and Excel skills, as well as modelling data in a data mart or data warehouse environment
- Strong visualisation skills and experience with Dashboards & Reporting tools
For a confidential chat, p[lease call Karen on 02 8023 5607 or apply below