Sydney - Macquarie Park
The role will be responsible for leading a fast-paced technical team charged with delivering new features and functionalities to a fast moving, next generation global platform.
You will be a leader and an expert in different technology stacks with a passion for hands-on software development. You will have prior experience in technical leadership within large enterprise settings.
Based in Sydney, you will be an integral member of the platform leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Manage and lead a team of software engineers working on our products, providing technical support, solutions and designs.
- Coach, motivate and inspire your team to deliver on-time and with quality.
- Design and implement solutions to solve complex and challenging technical requirements.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development, participate in design reviews and recommend improvements for projects.
- Carry out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work/dependencies.
- Develop end to end ownership of projects starting from requirement gathering, design, delivery and deployment.
- Meet with stakeholders to gather requirements, perform technical requirements decomposition, design solution architecture and propose effective solutions to meet the business needs.
- Perform reviews of product backlog, working closely with management in planning the roadmap.
- Prepare cost and time estimates of all design options and other project requirements.
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and incorporate them into the team's software development operational processes.
- Promote the established processes across the team as well as seeking opportunities to streamline and improve on them.
- Create a high performing culture by hiring, retaining and developing top quality talent.
- Carry out release management including risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Manage/track projects by setting the right expectations of timelines and quality.
- Work with the test team and provide feedback on test plans, test cases and test methodologies.
- Interact with various stakeholder from across the business, attend meetings and present ideas, solutions and project status.
- Passionate, self-motivated, enthusiastic people which are continuously seeking ways to achieve excellence.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of hands-on technical experience using core languages (Expert level C#). Knowledge of C++ would be a bonus.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leading software delivery teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or its equivalent.
- Software development experience with object-oriented design.
- Expertise in software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML.
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle and multiple releases of enterprise-class software products.
- Good knowledge of different software systems, client server architecture and various compatibility requirements.
- Problem-solving skills to address work-related issues and problems.
- Project management skills and organizational skills.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality.
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams; technical and business engagement managers.
- Ability to prepare, present and clearly communicate technical solutions to both technical and business audiences.
- High levels of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills along with excellent customer service skills.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success