As a NOC Engineer, you will oversee intricate network components and monitor network systems. You will be accountable for network management and troubleshooting on a daily basis within a working environment that includes network maintains and performance management.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Carrying out network and telecommunication equipment.
- Providing 100% support to customers and resolving issues.
- Providing Preventative Maintenance of Network Equipment
- Configuring new servers, run tests, and performing upgrades to software to ensure networks run with no interruption due to failures or outages.
- Scheduling Field Technicians to address networking issues on-site
- Relaying details about network issues to field technicians and scheduling them for client locations to work on networking equipment.
- Maintaining field technician/vendors schedules, assisting technicians on the phone, and keeping records of repairs made for each client.
- Documenting Calls and Service Results
- Documenting all incoming calls and recording the technical issues addressed in each call.
- Maintaining logs of resolutions, communicate with vendors about ongoing problems, and using a ticketing system to update information regarding the progress of each call.
- Good knowledge or experience working on satellites
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools such as traceroute, ping, packet analyser - obligatory
- Knowledge with Radio technology -Advantage
- Experience in high tech/IT customer support - Advantage
- Working with Linux and Windows operating environments - Advantage
- Previous experience in the telecom domain, infrastructure, network implementation & administration, installations and troubleshooting - Advantage
- Good communication skills and teamwork, flexible.