- Previous experience as a Workers Compensation Technical Specialist is required
- Located close to public transport
- Large Government organisation
Working with a large Government organisation this role will require the successful applicant to provide Workers Compensation Claims Technical expertise to the Project teams.
The role criteria is:
- Strong workers compensation experience with a high level of technical/legislative knowledge.
- Ability to provide operational direction and leadership to establish and maintain a culture of teamwork, achievement, accountability and outcome focus.
- Be a strategic thinker who can lead others to achieve important organisational outcomes.
- Confident communicator with a strong ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading, managing and implementing claims management projects to achieve project deliverable and contribute to achieving improved industry outcomes.
- Provide legal and operational instructions and support to the other project work streams
- Liaise with the SIRA (the Workers Compensation Regulator) in relation to technical/operational matters
- Experience using VISIO for process mapping
- Provide operational/technical direction and support in relation to the development of responses to questions, claims cohort processes, project communications and benefit reforms training
- Provide operational/technical direction and support to the scheme agent working party
- Demonstrate solid experience in workers insurance
- The ability to manage complex sensitive information
- Proven ability to plan, co-ordinate and follow through
- Well developed critical thinking and problem solving skills