You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the STAR (Service Team Reference Architecture) in alignment with the ESARs (Enterprise Strategic Architecture reference) and Enterprise Architecture direction.
- Maintaining the Service Team Architectural Runway in alignment with platform technology roadmaps and upcoming business feature (change) work.
- Creating SOAPs (Solution on a Page) for relevant portfolio epics/epics.
- Key Service Team liaison point with Strategy & Architecture team.
- Participating in Architecture related Communities of Practice and contributing towards architectural enterprise standards.
- Decomposing portfolio epics into capabilities/epics in conjunction with the Service and Product Owners.
- Participating in various scaled agile activity including program increment planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives etc.
- Understanding enabler features (non-functional change) and ensuring their business value recognition and prioritisation.
- Providing education on architectural direction, standards and guidelines to service team engineers.
- Resolving solution alignment issues within and across service teams.
- Maintaining any design documentation in respect to the aforementioned responsibilities.
Mandatory skills needed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience in integrating multi-application and cross-partner business IT solutions.
- 4+ Years of experience in working with OSS solution design within the Telco sector.
- Domain knowledge of the telecommunications industry sector.
- Domain knowledge in Telco Network & Service Activation.
- Domain knowledge in IT service management, TMF standards.
- Experience of working on major telecommunication infrastructure projects such as a network or technology rollout.
- Client platform knowledge (Comptel : InstantLink, Order Management, Catalog and SRI) or other carrier grade COTS solutions in the domain.
- Strong understanding of carrier grade Ethernet infrastructure and service configuration.
- Solid knowledge of various access technologies such as: VDSL, HFC, GPON, Satellite and LTE.
- Software development experience in using agile and scaled agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience in cross platform architecture definition including integration design using service patterns.
- Practical use of UML modelling (collaboration diagrams, class and object diagrams and sequence diagrams).
- Understanding of enterprise architecture methods and notations (i.e.TOGAF or similar).