Our client is a not-for-profit company that invests in R&D and marketing to increase the long-term profitability of one of Australia's largest agriculture industries, supporting the farmers. They have offices in key markets around the world to help increase the global demand and market access for the product.
Based in the CBD, close to transport our client offers a positive and engaged environment where you are provided autonomy and the ability to make decisions and see the results of your actions, with excellent work / life balance.
About the role
They are seeking to appoint a new Contract Administrator to their team, reporting to the Legal Counsel. The role will see you providing support to the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary of the Group to support business activities and operations, in accordance with appropriate laws and best practice.
The key focus of the role will be to manage the IP Portfolio, to protect intellectual property assets
- Managing the Legal Inbox and Misuse Inbox, responding to all enquiries within designated timeframes.
- Reviewing all contracts (internal or external) and legal queries in these Inboxes and escalating matters to the Legal Counsel as appropriate.
- Assisting in monitoring and managing the day to day responsibilities relating to the organisations international company secretary duties and ensuring regulatory requirements are met
Under the direction of the Legal Counsel, you will also:
- Assist with policies and procedures in all areas relating to legal and IP services.
- Assist with educational, training and compliance programs
- Assist with the review and negotiation of contracts with a range of external parties (both within Australia and internationally)
- Assist in monitoring and managing intellectual property assets.
- Assist in reviewing of all publications, marketing material and advertising copy that is released externally.
- Some type of legal qualifications advantageous, however relevant experience with commercial contracts will be also be highly regarded
- 2 + years' experience in a commercial organisation, focusing on contracts
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven capacity to effectively manage time and priorities
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at the highest level