Based in Macquarie Park, our client provides powerful insights to a range of industries based on advanced analytics drawn from Australia's largest data set, via their own software. Owned by one of the region's largest organisations, they are effectively an incredibly well funded start-up style organisation.
Having delivered version 1.0, they are looking to take their product to the next stage and are keen to hire people who can help drive their vision.
They provide a dynamic and fast paced environment, where you have to opportunity to really stretch yourself and be mentored by leaders in the field. The team is high performing, hard-working and innovative. This is an excellent opportunity to join at a critical phase, where you can really influence and shape the future for building pioneering products to solve real world issues.
Reporting to the Country Head, this is newly created role as the Associate Director - Product Owner/ Manager to build robust data platforms and applications that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models. These will solve customer problems in Government re transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management; Retail intelligence or telco network management for instance.
The role will see you work with both customers and internal teams (including offshore) to:
- Provide Product Vision
- Own Product innovation - using data and working with data science team to determine next course design directions
- Own Product Road-map
- grow product features by engaging with sales and delivery teams, as well as customers
- analyse product feature requests to develop personas and user stories that communicate requirements and shape product development
- prioritise features roadmap - ensure on time and budget delivery via sprints
- develop product marketing deck
- Own Product Performance (quality of deliverables) - QA agianst acceptance criteria
- Own Product adoption - work with consulting and enginbeering to identify and trounbleshoot and find solutions to implmentstyion obstacles
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in product management, software development, or business analysis for software or analytics products
- A real drive to lead and mobilise within a team environment, towards a common goal, with the ability to work independently and be accountable
- Proven ability to understand a variety of customer needs and translate into product requirements
- Multi-skilled, curious and eager to learn a spectrum of hard and soft skills, including data analytics, software development, design thinking, project management, leadership, communication, market strategy
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Strategic vision, coupled with detailed tactical delivery
- Data driven approach, with solid reporting and analytics with excellent logical and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and also work through difficult problems professionally
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to organise and disseminate relevant information to key stakeholders effectively
- A proactive and flexible attitude, with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment
For a confidential discussion, please call Karen Aldrich on 02 8023 5607. Please apply with your CV below