Based in Macquarie Park, our client provides powerful insights to a range of industries based on advanced analytics drawn from Australia's largest data set, via their own software. Owned by one of the region's largest organisations, they are effectively an incredibly well funded start-up style organisation.
Having delivered version 1.0, they are looking to take their product to the next stage and are keen to hire people who can help drive their vision.
They provide a dynamic and fast paced environment, where you have to opportunity to really stretch yourself and be mentored by leaders in the field. The team is high performing, hard-working and innovative. This is an excellent opportunity to join at a critical phase, where you can really influence and shape the future for building pioneering products to solve real world issues.
Reporting to the Country Head, the role will see you join a growing team of big data enthusiasts, who are leaders in their field who are passionate about building unique products, with a true unstructured big data set that is one of the few such large datasets actually available in Australia. These products and applications incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models and will solve customer problems in Government re transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management; Retail intelligence or telco network management for instance.
The role will see you work with both customers and internal teams (including offshore) to:
- Supporting pre sales (25%) - presenting to customers and helping them articulate products and capabilities
- Delivery (50%) - consulting to customers to ensure effective delivery and abling them to use the product effectively
- Innovation (25%) - feeding ideas generated from customer contact into the future product roadmap
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in Computer Science, Analytics or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in supporting the pre-sales and delivery efforts of data science or analytics projects
- Industry expertise in either transport, out of home, tourism, commercial real estate, councils or cities or telco/media
- Ability to translate complex data science and analytics concepts and methodology into business terms to the customer
- Highly advanced communications and presentations skills, with the ability to prepare presentations and present to C level execs
- Documentation skills, along with the ability to respond to RFI's, proposals, tenders - focusing on content and project delivery
- Experience with analytics software such as R, Python, SAS or similar, as well as SDLC
- Be comfortable analysing true unstructured big datasets with software such as Spark or Scala
- A proactive and flexible attitude, with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment
For a confidential discussion, please call Karen Aldrich on 02 8023 5607. Please apply with your CV below