Your purpose day to day will include:
- Develop and design new and existing applications while practicing high level of code quality through the use of good design patterns, efficiency in code, and use of automated testing best practices.
- Keep up to date with the latest Java technologies and share that knowledge within the team, contributing to new technology/tool analysis and selection.
- Contribute to process and procedures improvement.
- Perform code and design reviews underpinned by Agile methodologies
- Mentor, train and help junior members.
- A tertiary qualification in IT or related field is required.
- Extensive experience on open source Java technologies and frameworks such as Spring, WebFlux/RxJava, Netflix OSS is required.
- Experience with Micro-services development and deployment (Docker, Spring Boot, AWS Lambda) is required.
- Experience with design and development of REST webservices is required.
- Experience with NOSQL DB (preferably Elasticsearch) and ELK stack is required.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker swarm is required.
- Experience with Kafka/NATS/AWS Kinesis (desirable)
- Experience with caching solutions and reverse proxies is required (e.g. Varnish, Nginx, Squid etc.) (desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS is preferred but Azure or Google Cloud will also be considered.