The Test Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, and executing test plans and test cases that verify a software conformance to defined acceptance criteria (i.e. system behaviours) and feature design documents, as well as application standards. In addition to functional testing, the Test Analyst will perform quality control activities for non-functional areas such as performance, security and installation/upgrade.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Review the designs of systems and features to ensure testability.
- Review and revise high‐level acceptance criteria to produce relevant test artefacts and ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Execute Manual and Automated test suites, raise defect reports, and manage re-testing.
- Developing and maintaining automated test suite, both functional and regression, using tools such as Java/Groovy, RestAssured and/or TestNG/Spock.
- Identifying and reviewing non‐functional requirements.
- Develop, document, monitor and improve testing processes and procedures.
- On a day-to-day basis the Senior Test Analyst will identify, report and prioritize defects, working with the Solution Architect, and coordinate with Developers to locate and assist in identifying and resolving software defects.
- RESTful/SOAP web services + PostMan
- Kubernetes + AWS/Azure
- Java + junit/TestNG + Jmeter
- SQL + Shell Script
- JIRA + Zephyr
- 8+ years of experience as a Test Analyst / Quality Analyst.
- Extensive experience with automated testing of RESTful APIs and SOAP web service.
- Augment, maintain and execute the automation test suite written in Java [or similar] using the Junit [or similar] framework.
- Experience of testing Kubernetes, AWS Lamda and Step functions.
- Sound working knowledge of HTTP protocols and end-to-end web technologies.
- Experience working in UNIX, Linux and familiarity of Shell commands.
- Experience developing test plan, procedures, and test cases for development sprints - must have exceptional documentation skills.
- Experience using functional and non-functional testing methodologies - System, Integration, Regression, UAT, etc.
- Experience across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies.
- Experience in an agile development environment SCRUM.
- A team player with a commitment to ongoing personal development
- Excellent communication skill verbal and written.
- A tertiary qualification in IT or related field is required.