Our client is a leading infrastructure provider. They see their people as vital to their success and have a high-performance team culture. Staff can continually develop skills and experience due to the extensive training programs available to all.
Reporting to the Executive Manager - Security, the Senior Manager Security Controls Assurance is the head of line 1 assurance for cyber controls. It will see you interpret global security standards, along with current state security controls in operation via analysis and measurement.
The key goal is to enhance the effectiveness and maturity of cyber security controls across the organisation.
The role will see you responsible for providing guidance on security controls with a focus on continuous improvement, as well as uplifting the maturity and reporting on compliance and gaps
- Continuous improvement - increase security control compliance maturity score
- Provide guidance on security controls using relevant industry frameworks - via assessments and workshops
- Develop effective working relationships with the business
- Preparation of monthly security assurance reports
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- At least 5 years of experience within a large organisation, managing cyber security risk controls assurance (line 1 experience is highly regarded)
- Relevant tertiary experience
- Experience managing a team (2 direct reports)
- Demonstrable experience in assessing and raising the maturity of cyber security controls in a large / complex organisation
- Ability to demonstrate techniques and methodologies in identifying operational control requirements for IT systems and evaluate control design appropriateness
- Understanding of corporate and risk management methodologies
- Experience working in a large, complex environment, with a range of stakeholders, across multiple business units
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to comfortably deal at all levels including execs
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Strong people and relationship skills to be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of vendors, managers, subject matter experts, stakeholders, technical and business staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A great opportunity for someone to learn and grow their career within a dynamic and changing environment.
Please note that all short-listed candidates will be subject to ID, employment verification and national criminal record checking
For a confidential chat, please call Karen on 02 8023 5607 or send your CV via the apply now button