Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - Big Data
|Job Title:||Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - Big Data|
|Salary:||$200,000 + bonus + super|
|Contact Name:||Andy Helsby|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Job Published:||February 17, 2020 13:58|
Location: Sydney - Australia
We are looking for a stellar thought leader in the space of Big Data who can:
b) Lead project implementations
c) Is Hands-on with a decent programming background.
This role will be providing customers with application development leadership, issue resolution, presentation of ideas, resolving development challenges in the customer environment, performance tuning, etc. This resource will be billable to the customer in partial billing capacity.
Roles & Responsibilities
The said resource will be required to do the following.
1. Assist the Sales team in pre-sales activities were needed for e.g. talking about real-time streaming architectures, data lake patterns, reporting, mainframe data extraction, etc.
2. Be part of the project delivery team to:
b) Present to customer various solution points
c) Triage and troubleshoot development issues with developers
d) Operate as a highly effective communicator and leader on the team.
To do so -- The skills required are:
1. Good coding skills preferably Scala but can be Java and python etc.
2. Good knowledge of one of the many Big Data distributions e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks.
3. Good knowledge of Spark concepts with Spark Streaming, SparkSQL, etc.
4. General understanding of architecture patterns as it exists before the Big Data days.
5. Good knowledge of at least one NoSQL platform e.g. Cassandra, Mongo, HBase, etc.
6. Great personality, attitude to learn and collaborative spirit.
7. Should have successfully delivered good engagement with large enterprise customers here in Australia
8. Good intelligence and freshness of ideas.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's